St John's C of E Infant School Safeguarding Statement
St John's C of E Infant School recognises the important responsibility for Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children. The school’s policy applies to the whole of the school’s workforce, along with volunteers, governors, school club providers and any contractors working on the school site. In particular, staff recruitment and selection – ensuring that all staff, volunteers etc. have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safer Recruitment procedures.
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills to keep them safe
- Developing and implementing procedures and training for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Supporting pupils who have been abused, in accordance with an agreed, child-centered plan
- Establishing a safe and nurturing environment, free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first, unless we have a reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Team is:
- Lead – Mrs Marion Stevens, Head Teacher
- Inclusion Lead – Mrs Sophie Ireland
Child Protection Policy 2021