We were so pleased to have returned to full capacity in September 2020, and are here now to welcome back vulnerable and key worker children.
St John’s school is operating under the current government guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is based upon the following principles.
- a requirement that people who are ill stay at home and actively seek a test if experiencing COVID -19 symptoms, a high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell.
- robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- enhanced cleaning arrangements
- active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise the potential for contamination so far as is reasonably practicable.
The government have published guidance for parents which is updated when necessary.
Please see the links below.
What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges in the Spring term
They have also published guidance on supporting children’s health and well-being.
Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic